Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's

How have we not been commenting on Blago and the MN madness or now Richardson and our mutual friend Timmy Kaine?

Seriously, Blago is fantastic. I am looking forward to the Daily Show resuming tomorrow. And hopefully fulfilling my New Year's Resolution -- waking up at 6 am to watch Morning Joe and work out (somehow Joe Scarborough pisses me off just enough in the morning to keep me at a reasonable pace on the elliptical). Both provide immense sources of hilarity in this time.

Blago is just ridiculous enough that, well, I just don't know. Other than ROTFLMAO. Yeah, that's right, I reverted to the late 1990s acronyms. But how can anyone take him seriously? The appointment drama is a tragedy. I think Burris will be seated because of some legal thing Joe can explain. While it would be possible for Reid to make up a reason NOT to seat Burris, it would come off as so un-PC. He'll seat him, but would want to court or someone else to say he has to. In this game of chicken, instead of Reid swerving it'll be like he jumped over the car. Or being like Dalek Caan in the most recent Doctor Who series finale and performing an emergency temporal shift. (Guess what I've been reading besides politics.)

Apparently Franken won. And while working out tonight I saw him on an SNL repeat talking with Michael Jordan. $20 says that one isn't resolved until Februrary, and by the Supreme Court, which will uphold a Franken win using the Bush v. Gore precedent.

And more on Richardson and Timmy Kaine later. Except to say the VA blogosphere seems somewhat split on Kaine.

No comments: