Friday, October 17, 2008

More on Joe the Plumber

The way Joe the Plumber has been handled reminds me of how Palin was in the beginning.

You find some person that will appeal to a target demographic on the surface and neglect to find out anything else about them.

I'm not going to make that "it shows further poor judgment" argument. I don't think Walnuts had much say in the references to Joe the Plumber (not sure the level on the VP choice but I don't think Walnuts had the final say).

Instead, I think it shows how stretched Walnuts' staff is. He's got Steve Schmidt and Rick Davis doing more roles than they should. Just based on a mutual acquaintance of Joe and me's having left the campaign, I can't help but think that camp is bleeding good people and replacing them with questionable ones.

I agree with most stories saying the McCain campaign is being mismanaged. I can't tell if it's being micromanaged too much or if the subadvisors are just not good enough for a Pres run, but something's wrong with this campaign.

No comments: