Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Perception

Andrea Mitchell, not my favorite MSNBC anchor (I'm biased towards the Morning Joe crowd, truth be told, especially my girl-crush Mika), but she raises a good points.

Facts don't matter -- perception does.

I was talking about this with one of my advisors the other day, who said the same thing. What the pundits say doesn't matter, what the facts are don't matter... in essence, the truth doesn't matter. All that matters is what the public thinks the truth is. I have no idea (nor do any pundits, but at least I admit my ignorance), how they come to these perceptions of the truth, but that's what matters.

At this point, maybe I was wrong when talking with my advisor and I can pass my comprehensive exams. Also, I'd change it to Fox News if I knew what channel it was on -- so far all I know is MSNBC (mostly for Morning Joe), Comedy Central, Vh1, BBC America, and Disney.

No comments: